Shutting down a food and beverage manufacturing plant for routine maintenance work, whether in its entirety or over several phases, can often be a headache for plant managers.
Cold rooms or walk in refrigerators and freezers can present significant challenges – particularly when it comes to re-surfacing the floor area – as food and beverage brands look to reduce operational downtime and in many cases spoilage and wastage.
In order to combat these challenges in 2016, Flowcrete Asia has launched a new methyl methacrylate (MMA) resin repair mortar, designed specifically for use in sub-zero environments.
Flowfast F1 Mortar is a fast and durable acrylic resin-based mortar that provides a fully hardened surface in just 30 minutes. The product is used to repair general damage as well as to fill holes and imperfections in concrete substrates and can be used with machine bases and joint arises as well as both drill and bolt holes.
Flowtex F1 Mortar can be installed on cementitious substrates that have a relative humidity of up to 97% (to BS 8204) and at temperatures ranging from -20°C through to 30°C.
Why Choose Flowfast F1 Mortar?
- Flowfast F1 Mortar can be installed in cold rooms as well as walk in refrigerators and freezers while these premises remain operational.
- Flowfast F1 Mortar can cure at low temperatures ranging from -20°C through to 30°C.
- Flowfast F1 Mortar fully hardens after 30 minutes; as such no shutdown time is required to install the product.
- Flowfast F1 Mortar can withstand heavy traffic in cold room. It provides superior physical properties when compared to an uncoated concrete flooring surface.
- Flowfast F1 Mortar can be used in environments other than cold rooms including warehouses, factories and production areas looking to minimize downtime. ,
Want to know more? Have any questions or need advice on the best flooring solution for your cold room? Contact Flowcrete at firstname.lastname@example.org